 CAD / MLCad / 84
83  |  85
Subject:
Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 17:07:11 GMT

I plan to introduce plug-in support with version 1.8 of MLCad.
I would like to present my basic ideas here and would like to know, if that
would basically be what you like or not.
At this point I'm completely open to new ideas as well.

So here is what I would like to propose:

1) Plug-Ins whould be standard 32 bit windows dlls
    This means everybody writing such a dll has to forsee that this dll has
to run under Windows 95/98 and NT!

2) Every dll exports three standard c functions:
    MLCadIdentifyPlugIn ... which identifies the plug in as such and also
returns the name how it would like to be shown in the menu
    GetOperationFlags ..... should deliver a dword saying what that plug-in
supports (e.g. dat-files, mpd-files, read-only, write only, modify ...)
    Processing ...... A function which would receive the real file-name as
used in MLCad at that time, and a temporary file-name which can be read
from, written to however. This file would be a working-copy of the current
model loaded in MLCad. The file would be a standard ".dat" or ".mpd" file.

3) The dll-stub I would provide will have a function used to tell MLCad to
draw the temporary data into a specified window.

So, I hope you like the idea. As an example for that, I could imagine a
plug-in getting the model and converting it into another CAD file-format :-)

Michael