 CAD / MLCad / 99
Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:22:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Steve Hodge wrote:
How about this: a plugin that can restrict the parts available when building • a
model to a particular set, and keeps track of how many piece of each part are
left. Bascially mimicing the way models are made from real sets. I think this
would make modelling real sets easier, and make MOC alternate models much
easier to design.

That would be a cool thing, but I don't think it would make sense as a plug- • in.

There's been discussion of having a protocol for dragging parts between L-CAD
applications, it would be cool to have an "LD Palette" program which displayed
all the remaining parts, which you could then drag onto MLCAD.  As you dragged
the parts, they would disappear from "LD Palette".

Yeah, it would be better if it was supported by MLCAD, either directly or via
the drag and drop protocol or something similar. I was just thinking in terms
of plugins because that's what we were talking about, and it really affects
only one part of MLCAD - the parts palette. What plugins are usually necessary
for is to provide efficient support for features that are not commonly used,
or provide features that the application's author can't implement or doesn't
want to implement in the main application.

Regards,
Steve Hodge