 CAD / MLCad / 104
Re: Best hardware for MLCad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 21:44:32 GMT

If it has 32 MB you should be OK... but OK or not OK turns on what you
feel minimum performance is. CPU and memory will both help rendering
performance, I suspect, as will the speed of the graphics card.

note that I am guessing here.

Duane Hess wrote:

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Ben Vaughan writes:
I'm looking to do some upgrading here at home (gotta love that tax return),
and am interested what I can add/change to improve my MLCad performance.

Is it strictly processor driven or can a beefier video card help out?  With
256mb of RAM, I think that should be covered, but what else would help?

I'm currently running a P2 233 with a Matrox G200 8mb card.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Vaughan
buster@marsbase.com
http://www.marsbase.com

How about minimum system requirements? I have an old 486 that's collecting dust
in the basement with Win95 as my OS. I'm just wondering if anyone has
determined what the minimum requirements are. That would save the hassle
(small, I know) of installing MLCad and finding out the 486 is too slow.

-Duane

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!