 CAD / MLCad / 92
Re: Best hardware for MLCad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 07:58:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Ben Vaughan writes:
I'm looking to do some upgrading...
Suggestions?

i'm running a PIII 500 with 128M and a voodoo3 3000... *love* the performance i
see from MLCad (and *love love love* the voodoo 3000 for Q3, unreal, etc)...
running the VEC creation in LDAO is also a dream.. i used to start it and leave
it for an hour on my P200... now it finishes the entire catalog in just a
couple of minutes... POV Ray renders are great... everything's great..
and right now the PIII's are nicely priced in the 450-500MHz range (rather than
going celeron or (dread the thought) non-intel)... your 256M will be great
(providing it's 100ns SDRAM, since that's what most PIII boards like these
days) and you definitely want to go AGP video (if you aren't already)...