 CAD / MLCad / 1028 (-20)
  NEW: MLSAVE V1.00

Hy friends, it's time for something new - therefor I'd like to introduce MLSave :-) MLSave ist a screen saver for windows which supports LDraw compatible files. Load a file into MLSave and let it assemble the model, rotate the model or even let it (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad) !

  NEW: MLCAD V2.10

***** NEW MLCAD V2.10 ***** Create your own virtual Lego models using the new rotation model generator of MLCad. Once you've created a model save it using using one of the new formats supported by MLCad V2.10 - GIF or JPEG (and sure - bitmap is (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad) !

  Re: MLCad *has* no perspective display (was Re: MLCAD wrong perspective display?

(...) Good point. I forgot to mention this optical illusion, which is well known. Two things which are the same size but which are surrounded by visual cues that suggest that one ought to be smaller will actually not appear the same size after (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  RE: MLCad *has* no perspective display (was Re: MLCAD wrong perspective display?

(...) Since we are so used to seeing things in perspective in real life, the isometric views can seem strange at times. For a large model we expect it to get smaller as it goes back, so in an isometric view we "see" it get bigger when it goes back (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LGEO and MLCAD colors

Steve: (...) Not quite right. LDraw recognises colours 0-15, 32-47 and some mixed colours up around 255 (255-510?). (...) Yes, please. Play well, Jacob -- Linux turns ten Monday. Time to celebrate. (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCad *has* no perspective display (was Re: MLCAD wrong perspective display?

(...) These 3D views are not perspective views. They are isometric. In a perspective view, parallel lines not exactly in the plane of the viewer eventually intersect (at a vanishing point). This matches how we see things in reality, since distant (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCAD wrong perspective display?

No doubts, MLCAD is the best LCAD modeller. However, I use it since version 1.7 and I am still disturbed by display in perspective view. Basically, what is strange is that close things display thiner while distant things display larger. The reverse (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LGEO and MLCAD colors

Isn't the color code for green #2? I think #10 is the "solid" version of the color used for "transparent-neon-green", which would explain why the tree appears bright yellowish. (...) <snip> (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LGEO and MLCAD colors

Hi, I had problems with rendering color green in L3p. Weird. I made a geen tree, which shows up alright in LDraw, Ldlite, Mlcad, L3lab, and LDView. But, when converting via l3p it renders grey in POVray, instead of green. The default color in the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Parts list bug?

(...) Thanks. I look forward to the new version! I hacked around it for what I needed but I sure can use this working right in future, my models continue to get larger, the one I am working on is really close to 1000 pieces total, so fixing it by (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LGEO and MLCAD colors

(...) Hi Lutz! :) (...) Great! (...) You could include both... (...) You can refer to the LDraw FAQ for various color numbers. The >16 numbers aren't recognized by LDraw, but are recognized by LDLite, L3P (I think), MLCAD, and L3Lab. For RGB values, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Parts list bug?

(...) Larry, you are right - that is a bug. I've already corrected it and going to release a new version of MLCad soon. Thanks for the bug report. Regards, Michael (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Parts list bug?

I am running MLCad 2.00 R 4 and I think I may have found a bug in the report for parts I have a large model with several submodels. If I check parts per step and leave submodels unchecked it seems to generate a correct list for the main model. But (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to set up my own catagories?

Well, found out that if I start MLCad indirectly by double-clicking on a .DAT or .MPD file, the default grouping is shown. But if I open MLCad first before loadint a model, then the groupings I set up are shown. And I am using an older (v1.99) (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to set up my own catagories?

(...) I've looked up the code and recognized a small bug there. There is no message when it cannot save the group. I guess you do not have write permission to the mlcad directory (e.g. if running from a cd-rom). Also if you have any older version (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to set up my own catagories?

I tried that, but the new groups I create goes away when I quit an MLCad session. Am I missing where to SAVE my settings? (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to set up my own catagories?

Sure! Goto Settings -> Groups -> Group Configuration (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Strange rendering of #3046 in MLCad

I think Gary (blessing) is right and this is a problem with the new version. I used MLCad 1.99 and all works out fine! (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  New version 2.0, was "idea for next version, include ttore boxes"

Ah, it seems the new version of MLCad IS faster (I have just upgraded to v2.0). Thank you! Oh, thanks for including "All Files" support in "open" dialog. This negates my earlier request for *.box support. Sorry for the bogus bug report. I'll start (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  How to set up my own catagories?

I would like to add additional catagories, i.e: grouping of specialized parts - in addition to the <Brick <Baseplate <Electric <Technic <Train <Plate & <Other Parts groups. Is there a way to add new groups in MLcad? (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact