 CAD / LDD / *166 (-20)
  Updating the LDD tutorial at the wiki - any volunteers?

Hi folks, reading through the "LDraw to LDD conversion" tutorial at the wiki: (URL) appears that it is not only vague but also incorrect (LDraw files for example should be imported/exported via the File->Import/File->Export model menus). Is there a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Is there a tool that can fix problems with .ldr/.ldd files?

(...) Hi goffrey, the transformation matrix for the Technik Brick is: <Transformation ldraw="32064.dat" tx="-.4" ty="-.96" tz="0" ax="1" ay="0" az="0" angle="0"/> I did a LDD->LDraw->LDD test and it works fine. BTW the conversion is already part of (...) (17 years ago, 23-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Is there a tool that can fix problems with .ldr/.ldd files?  [DAT]

I have a LDD model file - also exported to .ldr format (LDRAW) - which has a problem with parts not aligning properly because of a bug with LDD. What has happened is that the file has parts (32064, technic brick 1x2 with axle hole) which have become (...) (17 years ago, 23-Nov-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

(...) Those style links are created and understood by the web interface to insert in-line links and image. The use of <> however "broke" and confused all the NNTP clients so we see it string together. ThunderBird handled it well enough and split it (...) (17 years ago, 17-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

(...) Granted, meshing gears is awful. You have to place the gears on axles with space between them, rotate one with hinge tool until they could match, then move the rotated gear and axle in meshing position. And trying to modify a gear ration in an (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:JoGFz5.BIC@lugnet.com... (...) Perhaps I am not harsh enough. Build a model that shows the possible gear ratios for gears contained in the NXT kit. You can even mail it to me if you like, (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

Hi Geoffrey, I think you are a bit harsh about Technic/NXT building with LDD. I agree with you that it is not perfect, and it is sometime painful to do what you want, but it is possible to virtually build things with it. And the hinge tool does work (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

This is possible to do, yes you will receive annoying messages that you won't be able to save or upload any models you create, but at least you can wander around in a daze trying to make something using the 'free build' option. Firstly, when placing (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  MLCAD <> LDD 2.0

Hi all, I can't run LDD2.0 on my PC (Win 98 SE - P3 667MHz) and not yet thinking of getting me a new one. So the question is as follow: Are there any plans to have the possibility to import LDD2.0 files into MLCAD and visa versa, using the (...) (17 years ago, 10-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDD color

(...) The first one uses material 44 in LDD, which translates to LDraw color 46 (trans yellow). The second one uses material 49 in LDD, which translates to LDraw color 42 (trans flu lime). So I'd say the first one is the one you're looking for. (...) (17 years ago, 1-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  LDD color

I'm making a construction & need classic trans yellow 1x1 round plates. There are two trans yellow plates to select, but I'm not sure which is classic yellow & which is neon green yellow. there are no prompts when I 'float' the cursor over the piece (...) (17 years ago, 1-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: NEW VERSION! Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Keep on the good job ;o) Any chance ldraw.xml supports the NXT unofficial parts that I host here: (URL) If not, is there somewhere an explanation of the procedure to add new parts to the xml file? Philo (17 years ago, 31-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: NEW VERSION! Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Some Technic parts now in file, (URL) (17 years ago, 31-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: NEW VERSION! Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Thanks from all of us! Working through those and others, Just uploaded another version 1.06 with 11 more parts. Mike (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: NEW VERSION! Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

(...) Great job! Do you intend to cope with Technic parts available in MINDSTORMS mode? Philo (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: NEW VERSION! Re: Conversion file for ldraw to ldd

Latest update, all most done.... (URL) Gallagher (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Working with large models in LDD.

Hello all, I am currently working on a mosaic using nothing but 1x1 bricks. My problem is that the its over 13000 bricks. This seems to really cause problems with the speed of LDD. I am using a Macintosh PowerBook 1.67 with a gig of ram. It was (...) (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, FTX)

  Re: LDD 1.3 files not supported in 2.2

(...) instead: (URL) (17 years ago, 4-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: LDD 1.3 files not supported in 2.2

(...) Maybe try 1.6: (URL) (17 years ago, 3-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  LDD 1.3 files not supported in 2.2

dear LDDer, your giving us a very hard time loving your prog :-( 2.2 refuses to load an old 1.3 lxf file like this: (URL) converter out there? I tried to do the zip trick but beside the png I only get a salat of letters. w. (17 years ago, 3-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact