Re: OMR Newsgroups for submission?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 03:36:48 GMT

At 09:45 PM 7/14/99 , Todd Lehman wrote:
[...] Mega Snippage...

   .cad.dat.omr.system
   .cad.dat.omr.technic

But now what does having two groups instead of one really buy?  90% of the
models submitted will be LEGO SYSTEM models, with other 10% or so being
LEGO TECHNIC.  Each one will still have to be downloaded, viewed, and
approved individually by someone anyway before it can be part of any
official archive of sets.

I guess it does make sense to just have one.  And it should allow
discussion on the models submitted.

Remind me again what "the group thing" is?

Just having a newsgroup for the OMR submission...

Could you set up .cad.dat.omr?

And we do need to discuss issues like what happens when someone comes out
with a revision to a set - who gets the author tag, is it replaced on the
OMR?  Standards of completeness - 80% seems adequate given parts (esp
decorated elements) limitations we have out there.

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114