Re: OMR Newsgroups for submission?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:10:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
It appears that discussion on the OMR has died down a bit.  Since I've
received mails from a few people who want to submit to the OMR, I think its
time to make a decision on this.

We did entertain the thought of having newsgroups which handle dat content
for OMR submission (in this case it would be MPD content).  They would be
categorized by theme, like this:

lugnet.cad.dat.omr.system
lugnet.cad.dat.omr.system.space
lugnet.cad.dat.omr.system.space.classic
lugnet.cad.dat.omr.system.space.futuron etc...
lugnet.cad.dat.omr.system.town
lugnet.cad.dat.omr.system.town.rsq911
lugnet.cad.dat.omr.system.town.race
lugnet.cad.dat.omr.system.town.spaceport
lugnet.cad.dat.omr.system.town.xtreme-team etc...
lugnet.cad.dat.omr.technic
lugnet.cad.dat.omr.technic.model-team
lugnet.cad.dat.omr.technic.tech-build
lugnet.cad.dat.omr.technic.tech-play etc...

Why would there need to be more than 1 group?

Anyways, this allows for extensive categorization and organization of
models submitted.  It would be in the group's charter that posting a model
constitutes submitting it to the ldraw.org OMR and that permission is given
to edit the file to OMR standards and reproduce for download on
ldraw.org...blah blah blah.

This handles the submission for the OMR.  It would be possible to put a
submission form on ldraw.org that would post to these groups, right
Todd?

yup!

--Todd

We could then have the person go through a series of drop boxes to
determine the theme and subtheme of it, thus posting to the appropriate
group.

Opinions?  Suggestions?  Comments?