  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Several, actually. (...) I think it is an issue, and worse, I think it highlights an underlying issue of larger import. In an ideal world the Steering Committee would either have given Orion authority to organize the contest as he sees fit, or (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Hmmm, now that you mention it, I do recall something of yours up for a vote. Did you submit a model, or just scenes? Did you ever submit as a model something you were selling? And hey, do we have archives of the old entries? (...) I wouldn't (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Scenes, I guess, as you would think of them now, but some (all?) of them may have been submitted prior to the MoTM/SoTM split. But I've got one in mind for MoTM right now, and I choose MoTM because I think it would be poorly served to be in a (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

--snip-- (...) Not completely true. Orion's original post was to get ideas/feedback on his proposed changes. In the end it will be up to him to decide how he sets up the MOTM rules. Why? Simple, this decision is not up to a committee! Case in point (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Well that wasn't just me. Steve and I had discussed it for some time and had wanted to move in that direction. The change actually got a bit of help from Michael Lachmann who asked, and Steve and I gave a thumbs up, then others followed suit. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Well, more kudos to Orion for opening the discussion then, even if it got off-topic. I have not changed my views on the matter, but at the same I have certainly gained insight into the mindset of other community members. At the end of the day, (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) I agree. I like Orion's last proposal that allows for DAT/LDR/MPD to be available along with the views. If people don't want to share, and it diminishes their ability to win, that is their choice. A highly superior model without DAT/LDR/MPD (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Are they available on the net? According to the Wayback Machine (URL) were once at (URL) but that link is dead now. Don (20 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Proposed changes to MOTM Submission guidelines

(...) Here's the correct link: (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)