Re: Purposes of the Organization
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:30:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, John Riley wrote:

Well, I hate to report this, but it needs more tweaking:  now that I've logged
in, I see just the LDraw.org logo bar, a button for "Your Account", and the
disclaimer.  On the "Your Account" page, I have links for "Your Homepage,"
"Change your info," "Comments setup," and "Logout/exit."  I can't find "Submit
News" nor can I even view the main home page (I tried several methods, typing in
the URL, clicking the logo link, etc).  After logging out, I can, though.

What's your username? We've experienced a common problem ... if your ID isn't in
a specific group, it does this to people. But once you're added to a group, you
can see stuff. I'll stick you in the 'user' group and it should be all better.

Has anyone else had this problem after signing up for a new account?

Email me - tim@NOSPAMldraw.org - with details and I'll try to fix your account.

Woo-boy does it look slick, though.  When all the necessary tweaks are done,
it's gonna look and work real nice.  The member messaging is going to be great
for parts authors/reviewers.

:-) We're very pleased with it.

Once things have settled down, I for one do want to see mentions of happenings
in the LEGO CAD world on the site. In fact, its been my plan for some time to
start doing this. But, right now we have a site to finish getting up to speed.

Do things ever settle down? :)

Well they haven't till now, but I believe this system will do us a lot of good,
taking a lot of the manual labor out of the job and allowing the site to
function smoothly.

Well, you've more than answered my questions, and I'm glad you did.  I realize
#7 is farther down the road from now, but you're planning for it.  My fear was
that LDraw.org may become exclusive to non LDraw related CAD activity, but
you're clearly heading toward being the premiere group for all LEGO CAD, LDraw
or not.  That's encouraging to hear.

That's the plan :-)

Here's to the continued success and progress of LDraw.org (would lift a mug, but
as I'm at work, it'll have to be a plastic water cup).
John

Thanks!

-Tim