Subject:
Parts Tracker Activity Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 20:59:32 GMT

(XPOST lugnet.cad, FUT lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

One of the usability challenges I've been having with the new Parts Tracker
is knowing what's been going on.  There are about 360 active files now[1],
and it's hard to see new files and reviews being posting.

So I've started generating an activity log, with a simple web page to view
it.  The web page shows the most recent events on the PT, with links to the
detail page of the parts involved.  Check it out at:

<http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptactivity.cgi>[2]

Every time a part is submitted, or a review is posted, the activity will
show up on this page.

Steve Bliss

1) We went from about 300 to about 360 primarily because of Paul Easter and
Marc Klein submitting their stuff.  Thanks, guys! :) [3]

2) It's not linked from the PT home page yet.  I'll take care of that in the
next day or two.

3) We're up to 46 files certified for release, with about a dozen more that
just need a final review from the admin.  It's slow, but we're getting there![4]

4) Which reminds me, please volunteer to be a reviewer if possible!