Subject:
Unofficial Parts Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:19:05 GMT

In another minor lurch toward an automated parts system, the Unofficial
Parts page has been updated.  You can see it at:
<http://www.ldraw.org/library/unofficial/>.

There are about a dozen files listed, and the file-details have been moved
off to separate pages.

If you look at the detail pages (especially
<http://www.ldraw.org/library/unofficial/detail/parts.30044.html>), you'll
see the file header has changed slightly.  The 'Official' line is gone,
replaced by a 'LDRAW_ORG' line.  Also, the 'Original LDraw Part' and
'Unofficial' tags have been moved to separate lines.  This change should
make it easier to write programs to automatically update the header
information.  In the not-too-distant future, these changes will be applied
to all official files.

Because of the webpage changes, I'd appreciate it if y'all could spend a
minute or two browsing the pages, to make sure I didn't make any bum links
or information booboos.

Two issues I already know about:

1. On the detail pages, the [DAT] links for dependent files don't work.
2. Files with dependent files should have an [MPD] link, to grab all the
necessary files at once.

Steve