Re: I cannot connect to LDRAW.ORG - plz help!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:02:26 GMT

"Jacob Sparre Andersen" <sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk> wrote in message

So there are 23 hops from www.ldraw.org to your machine (22
to the router + 1), but 33 hops from your machine to
www.ldraw.org. Annoying.

Jacob, there is a problem with your tracert - if you compare it to Frank's
tracert and my own you'll see that the packets take different paths (ours
through bbnplanet, yours through alter.net) and I think it's to do with your
tracert being run from the primary IP on your server rather than from the IP
for www.ldraw.org. The packets appear to take different routes through
darenet.dk depending on the IP, if you look carefully all of the
intermediate darenet.dk router IP addresses differ by 1 on the host portion
until the last one before going into nordu.net which is completely
different. Can you rerun the tracert from the www.ldraw.org server using the
IP for www.ldraw.org instead? It might help to narrow down where the packets
might be going astray.

Dan