 Off-Topic / Geek / 1993
Re: I cannot connect to LDRAW.ORG - plz help!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:08:43 GMT

Daniel:

It is. There are 33 hops to www.ldraw.org (see below).

An ugly fix could be to set up your browser to use an HTTP
proxy placed slightly closer to www.ldraw.org than your own
machine.

I have run a tracert from my machine here and there are 32 hops to
www.ldraw.org, but I can pull the pages up fine. I don't have my browser
using a proxy, so I don't think the problem is to do with having 33 hops.

If your machine is behind a firewall, it is very likely that
you are using a proxy without knowing it. It is not uncommon
to put a "transparent proxy", which intercepts HTTP
requests, in a firewall.

Franklin:

Did you get through to www.ldraw.org by using a proxy?

Play well,