 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / *901 (-20)
  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

hey tim i'd love to contribute my aquazone verne model to this: (URL) ldraw file is missing one lower-dome part but i think it would still work well for what you've got. if we're sending you our models should we be prepared to maybe lose a few (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw not to sell CD-ROM at Kidvention in July & Misc CD-ROM issues

(...) Personally, I have never been offended by anyone not typing in their name below the article. After all, the contents of the article is what is important, and the relevant information about the author is (normally) in the headers anyway. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

(...) If you want a Technic model, you can grab a blue race car I've made: (URL) I only have a virtual representation of the model, the real model is no longer compiled. The largest desktop wallpaper image may produce a nice poster. There is also a (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

(...) I would gladly donate Ldraw renderings of my current kits (at least as far as I can go with the current parts selection): Blacksmith Shop (castle) Crossroads Tavern (castle) WW2 Light Tank (WW2) I use Ldraw (er... MLcad more specifically) to (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

With the recent creation of the divers bubble dome, you might want to see if there are any divers models out there... (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

If you want more trains, my wild west train is available to render. Just so you know, no I dont have pysical representations of my models, however both the shadwick castle model and the WW train are reasonably easy to build if you can find the right (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

If you want more trains, my wild west train is available to render. Just so you know, no I dont have pysical representations of my models. (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Models for Display at Kidvention

I have my shadwick castle and royal coach that could be shown, and if anyone out there has some of the royal knights sets then the model can be built as well. Dont bother looking for pirates, you wont find anything because ldraw doesnt have very (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Models for Display at Kidvention

Hey everybody... I am looking for a few models to display at the Kidvention with the LDraw setup. They need to have a virtual representation in .dat format so we can print up a poster of a rendering of the model. I'm looking for stuff from a lot of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) That's how I'd like to see the site/group. (...) The way we're going to market it, no. After CDs are sold, we could be dealing with about $8000 if figured for 1000 CDs, $2/pc cost, sold for $10 US. This would be more than enough money to put (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) I'd agree with you on this. I think its worthwile to pursue tax exemption. At the same time, I'm going to try to have the CDs done by Kidvention (the master, that is) to have it available to install on our demonstration machine there. I'll do (...) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) say (...) Definitely a good idea. Also, if you can, try getting a second pro bono opinion. Remember, lawyers do work in teams and consult each other regularly for finer points and other considerations and legal precedents (can you say (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) I personally think that you should try to get it tax exempted. Considering that it is already used by thousands of people world wide, as freeware, whos creator has passed on but opened up the initial code for parts (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: CD-ROM Status

So Adam, are you volunteering to manage that chain, or write the script for the orders page? Tim does the lion's share of the work for ldraw.org, so any help he can get would probably be appreciated. I know he's asked for help on a number of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: CD-ROM Status

Why not start a different message chain to receive all the orders, or run a script on LDRAW.ORG and accept orders Adam Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:39456556.326763...net.com... (...) nauseam (I (...) fan- (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) All right, that's a start. (...) Yes, professional advice would certainly be a good idea. (...) <description snipped> IMHO, filing for tax exemption would be a good idea, even if it means putting the CDs on hold for a while (not to mention it (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) In a sense, I would say it is. (...) Debatable. It would be wise to talk to a financial person about these issues. Someone in Lugnet, or I have a friend who used to do financial stuff who said there's someone I can be referred to. I can try to (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) Here are my thoughts: The ldraw.org group's purpose is to further the advancement of James Jessiman's .dat file format and LDraw suite, introducing to new users and aiding them in a fuller understanding of the program, therefore enhancing the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.org)

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) <snip> OK, Tim and I talked during + after the fest and I offered to help research the issue a bit. A quick look through the types of exempt organizations [1] narrows the search down to Charitable Organizations. I looked into "Social Clubs" (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Re: Organizational business for ldraw.org as pertains to future activities

(...) First issue: What is ldraw.org? We need a clear definition of what the 'group' is, why it exists, and what it does. Steve (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact