 CAD / Development / Organizations / LDraw / *131 (-10)
  Re: Lossless outlining (Was: [ldraw.org] Progress)

(...) Agreed completely. For serious file-sharing, MPD is way better than inlining. Steve (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository

(...) It's not his .dat file that contains the space character -- it's an actual file on the disk. Bram was saying that he was using LEdit interactively and saved a file, giving the name explicitly but accidentally embedding a space character in the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Lossless outlining (Was: [ldraw.org] Progress)

Steve Bliss wrote in message <375bc53d.299725817@...et.com>... (...) In which case MPD would be better anyway. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: AUTHORS subdirectory?

(...) Hmmm... Looks like LEdit handles this just fine as well... No problems here. Is there really any reason to maintain the c:\ldraw\models\etc. structure for use in future tools in the LDraw multiverse? Why not allow models to reside in (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository

(...) subdirs in (...) saving. (...) Win3.1 (...) So can't you just open the .dat file in notepad and delete that line?? Ryan (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository

A couple thoughts on Repository format: Purpose for .dat repository: If all we are creating is an alternate way of creating instructions, I think it's probably more work than it's worth. The beauty of the LDraw .dat file is that it can be configured (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw and 8.3

(...) Hmm. LDAO is OK with long file names, except for a few functions (Copy File is one, I think) which explicitly require a valid 8.3 name. LDAO can be configured to translate long paths/names to short versions before shelling to other programs. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: IMPORTANT - [ldraw.org] Official Model Repository

Bram: (...) I'll try to fix that. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: AUTHORS subdirectory?

(...) Very good thought. As we discover the possiblities with subdirectories in LDraw, this is a very good idea for us to use. You are implying that people who obtain each author's dat files would put them in the same directory structure, right? (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  OMR FILENAMES - Decision Time

I feel it is time to take what we have discussed and bring it all together to reach a final resolution on the filename format. Soon. In summary, we have discussed how to make an 8.3 only system of filenames, a long filename system, and a system (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jun-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact