 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 531
Re: Central location for LDraw prefs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:46:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Tom Bozzo wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse wrote:
Ok, but remember James used the word "eventually" a few messages
back.  I wouldn't skip the environment.plist file in favor of the
org.ldraw.plist file just yet.  Do both files, or just the
environment.plist file if both is too much work.  Eventually I'll
add support for the org.ldraw.plist file, but that's a lot of work
so it'll be a while.  I'd like to finish up the 1.0.x ldglite
release so I can figure out to update the linux installation
instructions to use the hardware opengl acceleration available
in current linux distributions.

Doing both isn't a problem.

I didn't think so, but I wanted to be sure because...

Actually, the question I had was how soon ldglite
would check both locations.

This'll take a while because I have to write (or find) some code
to do it.  The envinronment.plist contents are automagically
tranformed into environment variables by the nice folks at Apple.
I can pull them out with a single cross platform getenv() function
call.  The other file may have the same contents, but it's just an
XML file to me.  I have to find or write an XML parser to get the
data out.  I'll probably try to do it by Christmas...

Don

P.S. I got a bit antsy yesterday and put a slightly old copy of the
application bundle on the ldglite web page.  But I'd really like to
get a good working bundle up there before my ADD takes over and I
start looking for an XML parser, or writing linux instructions, or
whatever.  Are we almost there yet?  Is zip gonna do it or do we
need a .tgz or .sit file to preserve the execute bits?