 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 516
Re: Central location for LDraw prefs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 21:50:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, James Reynolds wrote:
So I have been thinking a user should only have to edit the LDraw folder
location once, in one app, and all other apps should use the same location.
This is similar to com.apple.internetconfig.plist, where the system internet
settings for mail, homepage, etc are stored.  What do other developers (ok,
Andrew) think about that?

How about org.ldraw.mac.folder or something?

Are there other settings that should be global for all LDraw applications?

The latest version of ldglite will come with a script to update
the ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist file with the LDRAWDIR setting.
See here for details.

  http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1067.html

If you want to test the script before the release, I'm sure Tom
could email you the current version.

Don