 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 527
Re: Central location for LDraw prefs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 21:08:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse wrote:
I vote for org.ldraw.plist because it's short and simple.  However
I could probably be convinced to go for org.ldraw.ldrawconfig.plist
because it's like com.apple.internetconfig.plist, or maybe
org.ldraw.apps.plist, but not the one with mac in it.  To me OSX
is still more of a unix system.  ;^)

I'll have to check, but I think your key and string exactly match
what we came out with for the other ~/MACOSX.Environment.plist file.
I plan on searching that file first, then the various Library/org.ldraw
files.  That'll match my strategy on other operating systems

Don

I like the idea of a single repository of ldraw-related settings.  I'd also be
satisfied with the short version of the plist name (with org.ldraw.apps second).
The key and string for LDRAWDIR do match the draft environment.plist contents
from the ldglite config script.

In light of this, I would be inclined to modify the ldglite configuration script
to:
(1) create org.ldraw.plist if one does not already exist, setting LDRAWDIR as
described in the thread and LDGLITEARGS to whatever it is we -- Don, Chris, me,
and anyone else who registers an opinion -- agree on (currently, this looks like
it will be '-l3' plus a video setting for G3 systems; G4s will go to a
'full-screen' size window),
(2) add LDGLITEARGS to an org.ldraw.plist that already has LDRAWDIR set, or
(3) do nothing if both LDRAWDIR and LDGLITEARGS are present.

Tom