 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 532
531  |  533
Subject:
MBC Cocoa question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 22:20:36 GMT

I received the following question from Joe Brandt and as my reply was returned
by the mail administrator, I will answer it here.

Joe made the following observation:

I'm currently
using the Cocoa version and I'm having one problem. Anytime I insert a
pice from my library with a letter in it, it does not display. For
instance, I can choose 43.dat (large flag plate) and it works, however
43p01.dat, also in the library, does not show up. I've tried this on
several parts and it seems to be exclusively parts with letters.

Any help would be great,

The answer is as follows,

Your problem with part 43p01 is a bug in my software. This bug affects the
rename function for all parts with a name of 5 leters or more.

At the moment, I'm working on MBC Cocoa and I have removed the bug you found. I
on target to release a major upgrade to the Cocoa program in the near future (1
- 2 weeks).

In the meanwhile I can suggest 2 fixes. If you are keen to try my current
development build with this bug removed, I'll send you a preview test flight
copy (let me know).

Or alternatively, open your model file with a text editor ("Text Edit" works
fine) and look for the name "43p01". Change the brick name to "43p01.dat" and
save the file. Then you should see the part in MBC. (NB backup your model file
first, since you could damage the model file making it unreadable, also make
sure the file is saved as plain text).

Sorry for the use of the open forum, but this is relevant

Andrew...