 CAD / Development / 9864
Re: LPub mask generation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:49:49 GMT

Travis Cobbs wrote:
I'm not entirely sure, but I'm pretty sure you can create a 32bpp BMP
file. Normally, 8 bits in each pixel would then be ignored.  However,
I don't see any reason the data wouldn't be there for you to
interpret yourself.

Careful! A *Windows* color value uses the high bit to indicate that the rest
is an index into the 'System Color Palette' and not a RGB value at all (In
Delphi you have ColorToRGB() to get the RGB value from such a 'color').

I'm not at all sure that you can successfully use the high byte in a
*Windows* .BMP, at least not with the standard routines for loading/saving
bitmaps.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm