 CAD / Development / 9862
Re: LPub mask generation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:07:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
I added mask generation for assembly images into LPub.  It now can generate a
specific mask for each assembly image.  I plan on using this for the layout
process, where you provide a backdrop image for a page, and LPub uses a mask to
superimpose the assembly on some nice background image.  You get a separate
bitmap file that contains the mask.  Is there some way of merging the masks in
with the original assembly image?  I'm sure there is for file formats like PNG,
but LPub does not know how to deal with PNG yet.

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm pretty sure you can create a 32bpp BMP file.
Normally, 8 bits in each pixel would then be ignored.  However, I don't see any
reason the data wouldn't be there for you to interpret yourself.

--Travis Cobbs