 CAD / Development / 9422 (-20)
  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Yay! The right place for POV code is in external libraries. Does this mean (URL) is going to be developed? Is a new L3P release in the works? It's been over a year and a half since this tantalizing message was posted. :^) (URL) Don (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Basically, The POV team controls the syntax, functionality, and implementation of the POV-Ray Scene Description Language (P-R SDL) format. While the POV Team is very good at maintaining backwards compatibility, they have in the past change the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Could you give a bit more info on the compatability issues (or a pointer to where they're discussed)? (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

The LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) has recently discussed the issue of embedded POV-Ray code in Official Parts Library files. After careful consideration and with inputs from leading non-LSC members, most notably Lars Hassing and Chris Dee, we (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Friction pins no friction?

(...) Look's good, Though you may want to just make the primitive have the friction bits alone without the connector. That way you possibly could be able to use it on parts like 6558 and 32054 as well. (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Friction pins no friction?

I have submitted the first in the line of confric# primitive to the LDraw Parts Tracker. (URL) is use the the part 43093 Axle Pin with Friction. (URL) should give people a better idea of what I have planned. With this new line of primitives we will (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Need partnumbers and some partnames

(...) OK - I have moved the existing x322.dat out of the way (to x289.dat). Chris (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Need partnumbers and some partnames

(...) When I tried to upload this part, it got rejected because there was a x322.dat already on the PT.... Before this rejection I have uploaded two subparts s\x322s01.dat and s\x322s02.dat. Niels (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) Well, I hope the final syntax for the color definition statement will allow some space for programs to support their own special syntactic needs. So you hopefully won't need a super-custom meta-statement for LDView, just a special flavor for (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) The good side of the LSC is that with the reduced number of people, you are hopefully able to actually come to a consensus in a reasonable time frame. The bad side is that since the discussions are private, you have to deal with hecklers like (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  SIGGRAPH 2004 Themepark

I received a note about this document over email. Is this something LDraw developers would be interested in participating in? (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) Thanks. That's a good idea. I'll have to think about it, though. Up until now, I have purposely avoided creating any LDView-specific meta-commands. On the other hand, this would be one of the few reasons that might convince me that an (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

(...) Woo-hoo! :-) I can review parts now! --Travis (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

(...) As of tonight, here's where things stand: - I've finished updating all the restricted-access scripts (those are the scripts under cgi-bin/tracker). - I've turned off the old authentication -- so you won't be prompted by your browser to log in. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) You could put your custom information in an ldviewconfig.ldr file which you supply with the LDView install. Then add a setting to LDView, allowing the user to specify multiple pre-processing files. Default the setting to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) We're working on it. Give us another 24 hours to have something to present. Not a final 'done deal', but at least a decent writeup. Steve (21 years ago, 16-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

(...) Hopefully not too much longer - I'm working on the last script now. Steve (21 years ago, 15-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

(...) hi steve, could you please keep us updated how long we will need to log in twice? many thx, willy (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Black seems wrong in ldconfig.ldr

(...) Where else would you put it? What if you break the material settings up into two parts? 1) a material tag on the COLOURDEF line: 0 COLOURDEF 334 ChromeGold 15 0xFFC40026 MATERIAL metallic 2) a MATERIALDEF line added to the end of the file that (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) That's a very heavy argument against EmbPOV. It would be a great thing if we could just have a very few basic features, say clipped by, pattern wrap and maybe one or two other and make it a generic syntax for alternative code. (...) Despite (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact