 CAD / Development / 9372 (-20)
  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) OK - it's not a technique I use, but in an email conversation recently somebody convinced me that inverting the matrix would switch the winding. Now that I test it again I found I was mistaken. Chris (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC And Mirroring (LDS)

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote: [snip] (...) Yes. Steve (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee wrote: [snip] Thanks for writing this up, Chris! Your explanation was very good in all respects except for one small point: (...) Actually, negating the transformation matrix should not invert any object; and even if it (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: primer/tutorial on BFC?

(...) I think ease or difficulty depends on which tools you use to author parts. I use LDAO as the editor with L3Lab for preview and find it reasonably easy. Others may wish to comment with reference to their favourite tools. To BFC an existing DAT (...) (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  BFC And Mirroring (LDS)

As I am into a major revision of the LDS Compiler, I have stumbled upon the problem with mirroring and extruding and their effect on BFD winding. My question is: Is it correct to rewind the points if a polygon has been mirrored an odd number of (...) (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  primer/tutorial on BFC?

Anyone out there willing to teach me how to certify a DAT file for backface culling (BFC)? Posting to LUGNet would be preferable, especially if you are providing images (visual aids are usually helpful when teaching a complicated subject). I recall (...) (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetype/color question

(...) Hi Travis: Thanks for your input. LDview is a fine program, by the way. LDview, along with Lars' L3Lab, has been indispensible for me when designing complex parts and models. Thanks again for the info. Dave! (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetype/color question

(...) Hi Orion: Thanks for the response! I don't mean to dispute your answer, but I have made dozens of clone parts in LEdit that use the color range 256-512 for linetypes 3 and 4. Granted, some of the colors appear a little different in LEdit than (...) (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetype/color question

(...) LDraw/Ledit doesn't accept non type 1 line with colors 256-512. While there is nothing perventing you from making a model that has quads, triangles and lines with color 256-512, we enforce this rule for the Official Library in order to ensure (...) (21 years ago, 24-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Linetype/color question

(...) I don't know why the restriction exists, but I do believe it is enforced for parts in the parts library. At a guess, the restriction comes from the orginial LDraw program itself. I know that my own program (LDView) completely ignores this (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Linetype/color question

I was reading through bits of Ldraw.org and came upon this section: (URL) this note under "Colors." "Colors 256-512 are dithered colors. Only line type 1 is allowed to use colors 256-512." Is that correct? In other words, I can't make an irregular (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: modeling monorail ramps (TrackDraw)

(...) ... (...) ... The solution I came up with is that a single button press on the Monorail toolbar adds both ramp halves to the layout. The pieces are individually selectable, though. If a layout designer wants to 'dead-end' a monorail track run (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: modeling monorail ramps (TrackDraw)

(...) The top and bottom ramp pieces are designed to fit together, they do NOT join up physically with any other of the monorail pieces. You may just as well design both together. Michel Magnan (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker outages in next few days

(...) Things are progressing on 2003-03, but it will be another few days before I can make the downloads available. I have been conscious of getting the Parts Tracker up and running again whilst I finalise the release. This will contain 314 files, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [PT] Letter Bricks - Common Keyword?

(...) Hmm, yes, maybe it's best. But I'd really like to have them categorized, but otoh that means a LOT of work. IF we make this effort and categorize the blue series, I think we should settle with two variants: one small bold (disregard sans or (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [Parts Tracker] Security Change underway

Note to all Parts Tracker authors and reviewers: I have started changing the scripts to authenticate user privileges against your general ldraw.org login. So far, I've just updated the submit script. What this means is that you must be logged in to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: [PT] Moving Letter Bricks

(...) Ah. OK, then - I'll definitely leave all these as a single set, instead of trying to categorize them into the different (known) typefaces. Steve (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [PT] Moving Letter Bricks

(...) Fixes are posted to the PT. /Tore (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [PT] Moving Letter Bricks

(...) No, those are just my mistakes. (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [PT] Moving Letter Bricks

(...) Is that why blue ink quads on some of the letters is overlapping the background color in certain places? It makes the ends of the letters in 3005-C.DAT and 3005-J.DAT twinkle a bit when you move the bricks around in ldglite. Don (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact