 CAD / Development / 9122 (-20)
  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

(...) There is nothing wrong with using .NET, and most of the "crap" you refer to is already present in Windows XP. I've developed many .NET programs and they all work well and my clients are all happy with the way .NET works on their systems. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

(...) Why you did it in MICRO$OFT .NET now if we want to use your program we need to install 30mb of crap .NET anyway your program is the 1st ine to use it I haven't seen any yet apart from MICRO$OFT LONGHORN a.k.a next windows in 2005 (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

(...) I noticed you're using .Net So it might actually work on Linux boxes since the Framework is also available for Linux. See: (URL) for more info about a .Net framework implementation. -Frank (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Orange in LDraw

Another solution is to leave things alone, but change the applications palette to suit the user's taste. Color is tricky. (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

I've been working on TrackDraw, a replacement for Track Designer, for six months or so. I'll talk about it at BrickFest on Saturday. You can read a little about it, and see the BrickFest PowerPoint slides here: (URL) not ready to release the program (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: Star Wars mini models 1st wave render & Orange in part

(...) Maybe a light source is really close, but the blue seems rather bright. I'll have to try it myself. There's not an official LDraw color for Dark Blue yet, is there? I checked (URL) (...) 484 looks like the right orange to me, based on your (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Star Wars mini models 1st wave render & Orange in part

(...) It is dark blue. In fact that's the darkest I can get it wiht LDraw color number since I used dithered Black and Blue. (...) Unfortunately no (...) I used 484. 25 seemed too dark. -Orion (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Star Wars mini models 1st wave render & Orange in part

(...) Looks nice, esp. the AT-ST. Colors seem wrong on the Slave I (I think the blue should be dark blue). Missing the TIE Bomber, though. Are the cylinders for the TIE Bomber up yet? Question related to another topic: what color orange did you use (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Orange in LDraw

(...) I personally prefer 484 over both 25 & 462, although this may be an optical trick (brain sees a progression, and logically picks the middle color as the correct color). But 462 is defintely too yellowish. John P.S. I FTXed Orion's message. (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Orange in LDraw

I did a color comparison of the color orange in LDraw: (URL) brick on the left is the current LDraw color 462 The brick in the middle is color 484, the dither of Yellow and Red (the dither of Red and Yellow, 334, is currently defined as Gold Chrome) (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LEdit Command line question  [DAT]

(...) The only way to do this with LEdit is to create your own part file, consisting of one line: 1 16 0 -24 20 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3001.dat If you store that file in your ldraw\parts directory, you can use it in LEdit as a part, in place of 3001.dat. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Command line commands in dat parts

(...) But for the less commonly used tools ... it does nothing. At this time, CMDLINE is really just a comment. Maybe someday, some renderer/editor will make use of it, but not yet. Steve (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LEdit Command line question

(...) Most of the meta commands are used outside of the original LEdit program. ROTATION CENTER is currently only used in MLCad (I make use of it frequently). If you're not able to use MLCad (I don't see why not), then I suggest making a custom part (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LEdit Command line question

My ignorance of meta-commands is very nearly complete, so I throw myself on the mercy of my peers here in lugnet.cad.dev Is there a way to "set" the rotation point of a part that will work in LEdit? For example, if I'd like the 2x4 brick 3001.dat to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Command line commands in dat parts

(...) I forgot to add that this link: (URL) my draft LDraw spec and it contains a list of all the known META commands and links to the website for the programs that use them -Orion (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Command line commands in dat parts

(...) It's a LDLite META Command. Supposedly the command gives a default color for the part though I've never really seen it in action. For the most commonly used tools (MLCad, LeoCAD, L3P) this command does nothing. -Orion (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Command line commands in dat parts

Can someone tell me what a "CMDLINE -C0" means? And if there is a website that explains what the other commands are and how they are used. Thank you, Paul (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.5 Beta released *

(...) Well this problem my be out of our hands. We've been using SynEdit for our editing component and since this code is not written by us, fixing problems with it is difficult. (...) When code ocmponent that we used for the editor was swapped the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.5 Beta released *

(...) [SNIP] (...) I’d like to move the triple 3, say, into position 1 or another line. I click and select the 3 numbers + spaceholders. once the triple is selected in 1.4 the cursor becomes an "arrow" and you can drag’n’drop the selection into the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.5 Beta released *

(...) I don't know what he is using, but I do know that enabling and disabling menu animations can produce completely unexpected side-effects. Assuming your Windows version is recent enough to support menu animations, you might want to switch them (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact