 CAD / Development / 87
86  |  88
Subject:
Turning in LDAO editor (was: Re: [Unofficial Part] 3613 - Arm Piece with Towball Socket)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:26:30 GMT

Doh!  In my earlier reply, I meant *alt*-A does the 90-degree rotation.

Well I'll be.  It sure does.

In Ledit, you have to do /TC to set the center.  But since in the Edit/Turn
menu, set center has the "S" underlined, I figured alt-s would be consistent
(while alt-c would be more similar to Ledit, either one would be great).

Ah.  Nope, that S is just a shortcut once you get into the Turn submenu.

So could you use alt-c (or s) for center setting?

You know, I totally forgot about the alt-X, alt-Y, and alt-Z shortcuts.
I've been doing alt-E,T,T,Enter,X for days. Blech.

Using the mouse is about as fast as that typing all that.

That may be what's happening.  Is there an option in the editor to not write
the file automatically?

No, but there could be.  Since LEdit uses E for refreshing, would the
keystroke for a refresh be alt-E?

I don't think I've ever used the E command.  Does that reload the current
model file or just redraw what's already loaded?

Currently, what actions trigger the write?

Should be anything that changes the file, or when you click around.

Can you isolate click-drag so that it wouldn't write in that case?

Clicking
on another line seems to always do so, but sometimes clicking on the same • line
does, and sometimes it doesn't.

Hmm.  I'm using VB's Click event, which is usually hyperactive in its
responsiveness.

Part of the problem could be that there is a two-stage delay in the
refreshes.  The Editor waits two seconds to rewrite files, and then the
routine that actually does the file writing can wait to rewrite.  That's
an example of an uncleaned-up methodology switch. I've cleaned it up
since 2.0.2 was released.

Look forward to seeing it (esp. if you make the download smaller :)

-John Van