 CAD / 871
870  |  872
Subject:
[LDAO] Future key-commands (was Re: [Unofficial Part] 3613 - Arm Piece with Towball Socket)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:52:10 GMT

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 22:05:44 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss)
wrote:

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:06:10 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote:

Steve, a nice addition would be an alt-a command to turn a part 90 deg. on its
y-axis, just like the "a" command in Ldraw.  Also, I've noticed that alt-x/y/z
lets me rotate a part, but alt-s (or alt-c) doesn't work for setting the
center of rotation.

And then ctl-a to rotate on z?  Along with the matching shift- combo
strokes, that would be very nice.

A slight clarification on this--in the Editor, ctl-A currently rotates
90-degrees around the Y axis, just like A does in the Modeler.  So there
is a lack of available combo-strokes to sensibly implement 3-degrees of
right-angle rotations in the Editor (from one base keystroke).

In the Modeler, we can do that.

But maybe to keep things even (between Editor and Modeler), I'll use
different base-keys for rolling and pitching.

Steve