 CAD / 874
Re: [Unofficial Part] 3613 - Arm Piece with Towball Socket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 16:43:15 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36c0b0b7.33126395@lugnet.com>...
On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 21:06:10 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote:

Steve, a nice addition would be an alt-a command to turn a part 90 deg. on • its
y-axis, just like the "a" command in Ldraw.  Also, I've noticed that • alt-x/y/z
lets me rotate a part, but alt-s (or alt-c) doesn't work for setting the
center of rotation.

And then ctl-a to rotate on z?  Along with the matching shift- combo
strokes, that would be very nice.

Doesn't ctl-a do a "select all"?  I just found this out from trying it (nice
to know, as I do this often).
What are the "matching shift- combo" strokes?

Didn't know about s and c for center setting, I think.

In Ledit, you have to do /TC to set the center.  But since in the Edit/Turn
menu, set center has the "S" underlined, I figured alt-s would be consistent
(while alt-c would be more similar to Ledit, either one would be great).

Aside from the deselection thing, the only real usability problem for me
happens while I'm trying to cut and paste lines.  If I'm trying to select a
line to cut when LDLite's "polling" takes place, sometimes I end up cutting
the wrong selection or get other unexpected results.  I don't know if it's
possible to dissable the polling say while the using is click-dragging or
maybe have a setting where polling is only allowed when I click a button or
something like that.

I can't really control the polling thing.  But I'll see if there's
something related going on (like writing the file out for LDLite to poll
against).

That may be what's happening.  Is there an option in the editor to not write
the file automatically?  Currently, what actions trigger the write?  Clicking
on another line seems to always do so, but sometimes clicking on the same line
does, and sometimes it doesn't.

-John Van