 CAD / Development / 7932 (-20)
  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Works fine now ;o) My tests were far from exhaustive though ! (...) I guess there is no perfect solution: modelling curved parts with some smoothness requires lots of polygons. Fortunately machine power increases! One possibility though would (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) If you are going to go the subpart route, have you considered making an option to subpart the flexible object in a separate file so that seam width shrink is avoided when using L3P (or others) ? -Orion (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Philo, (...) Oop.s I reworked the organization of the code and ended up messing this up. 1.0.0.2 is uploaded now. (...) I understand, but I'm not sure what can be done about this. I used the cross sectional parts that already existed for flexible (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Kevin, It seems you forgot to link in CC3250.DLL... doesn't work on my system. (...) That's the kind of size I got... We must keep in mind that even if the ldraw file is smaller using parts, the number of triangle to render will be the same or (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Philo, Boy, were you right, the triangle synthesis took a 3K file and made a 2M file. Unpalatable. I switched lsynth over to use LDRAW parts for synthesis. Now that 3K file ends up to be 500K, still much larger, but certainly better than before. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Philo, I've been working on an algorithm that uses less triangles, and plan to add a option where the hoses can be made up of hose segments. Hose segments should reduce file size, but probably decrease quality. I've been beyond the edge of my (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!

Hi, I wanted to mention that LPub is useful even if you are not working on a book, or web pages. It can be used to make building instructions from other peoples' DATs. It has an advantage over MLCAD in that it shows you pictures of the parts added (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub - LEGO Publication made easy!

WOW! This is seriously impressive and it couldn't have come at a better time. I am just putting together the instructions for my first custom kit, and until I saw this message and downloaded the software, I was handwriting a series of scripts to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Idea for a meta-statement  [DAT]

(...) Done. Here's a sample input: 0 132 0 234 POLYGON 14 0 0 1 0 10 1 10 10 1 10 -10 1 5 -13 1 polygon end 0 and the output: 0 132 0 234 0 LDS POLYGON 14 0 LDS 0 0 1 0 LDS 0 10 1 0 LDS 10 10 1 3 14 0 0 1 0 10 1 10 10 1 0 LDS 10 -10 1 3 14 0 0 1 10 (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDS as an LDDP Plugin (Was: Idea for a meta-statement)

(...) On second thought, the idea of making an LDS compiler an LDDP plugin wasn't that good after all. First I was very excited. But what if I wish to change the value of a variable and the source has been overwritten... (...) OK, I will probably (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Idea for a meta-statement

(...) :D I was *hoping* someone would pick up on this. ;) (...) I don't have time to look right this second, but I will check it soon. (...) Right. (...) The input would be a color and a list of points. The output would be a list of LDraw triangle (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT to DXF again

(...) Oops! Cut n paste error. I somehow lost this one. (6 URLs) this helps. Don (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT to DXF again

(...) A google search for Autocad and lego turns up these nifty links. (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT to DXF again

(...) Would that be done in the BLOCK - ENDBLK section? It's been eeeeons since I did any DXF output, but that seems to ring a bell. And this link seems to back me up. (URL) luck, Don (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  DAT to DXF again

Last night, frustrated by other bugs in BrickDraw3D, I looked at DXF translation. First, I found a reference to many 3D formats, which could be useful to many: (URL) wrote some Perl scripts which create DXF models which I import to Vectorworks. I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Idea for a meta-statement

(...) Steve, you gave me an idea, hehe! Here's my first pre-embryo of an LDDP plugin: (URL) far, it is anything but impressive. It can only handle the LDS LINE command, and without any error check at all. Just copy the DLL into the Plugins folder (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Delphi Help Needed: Converting string to TStringList?

(...) D'ooooh, I tried MyStringList.Add(str...leteText); and had all strCompleteText in MyStringList.Strings[0]! Now it works. Thanks a lot! /Tore (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Tore Eriksson" <tore.eriksson@mbox3...wipnet.se> skrev i meddelandet news:H3B9uK.Jo6@lugnet.com... (...) MyStringList? MyStringList.Text := strCompleteText; As long as you want one element in MyStringList for each LF-separated string in (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Delphi Help Needed: Converting string to TStringList?

Hi! strCompleteText: String; MyStringList: TStringList; How do I convert strCompleteText (containing LF's) into strings in MyStringList? (The other way is quite simple.) TIA, /Tore (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: List of Colors (Re: Wheel Generator Plugin)

(...) That is probably one of the most complete LCad color lists available, but it is focused on original LDraw and LDLite standards. I use L3Lab for quick viewing and L3P/POV for high quality renderings. And tires look *much* better in POV when (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact