 CAD / Development / 7702 (-10)
  Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)

(...) I did some work on the other solution, rendering in the background. There's a beta of this here: (URL) -n2 to render each part in the backbuffer, -n4 does the whole model. Also the backbuffer is retained for faster refreshes on window expose (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

I don't have any comments, except to say that I agree with pretty much everything you wrote. And that I'd be very hard-pressed to actually implement some of it. And I didn't completely understand all of your points... (...) Yes! (...) Good idea, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) I would go for this. If a line is indeed edited, then I would preserve it's indentation, but remove trailing decimal zeros, and possibly clean up other things, like changing "-0" to "0". If the file has any exponential notation, e.g, "2e1", (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) This sounds counter-productive to me. Judging from the official LDraw files, it appears that many of the original files follow these guidelines with respect to indentation: o Comments are not indented o All other lines are indented by one (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) These 2 are the 2 biggest problems I have with MLCAD. For some reason MLCad changes the filename in the NAME comment block to an .ldr extension even if the source file is .dat. As more of a part author than a model builder, this is very (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)

Got to play with it some more today, some jumbled notes follow... (...) Ok, I changed this and the effect is like night and day. Thanks! I think I'm using the L3P parser. No parser options given, exe is named ldglite.exe. WHOOPS I'm not, -l3 gives (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  DAT files: Do No Harm

What consideration should an editor program make for unfamiliar content or eccentric style when it loads and saves an LDRAW file with changes? I am implementing the following general ideas in BrickDraw3D, based on various situations in test files. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Track designer ....

(...) I think you might need to cross post this to the CAD groups if you want Leonardo to see it. If I remember correctly, he's the only one in posession of the sources at this point. Thanks for the reminder, Don (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Handling Stickers Without a Known Number

(...) Hmmmm. Yes I think 100 would be too limiting. But can't see any immediately bad thing about the idea, so I vote yes! ROSCO (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Handling Stickers Without a Known Number

I'd like some feedback on the following. Do you like the idea? Dislike it? I've recieved a request, asking for a part number for a sticker whose original sheet number is not known. If you'll remember, we earlier discussed using the numbers from the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact