 CAD / Development / 7562 (-20)
  Re: Smoothing on part level using edge lines

(...) This is technically due to bad dat code, not the algorithm. That edge shouldn't contain optional lines. However, given that they used a smashed half-sphere, they had no control over the presense of type 5 lines along that edge. And it's the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD spec

(...) Not at all. It seems like a very sensible thing to do. I presume that the update will include the "NOFILE" meta-command (if we ever got around to agree on it). Please announce it, when the copy is ready, so I can change my web pages to point (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MPD spec

(...) Jacob, Do you mind if I copy (and update) the information on your MPD page to www.ldraw.org/reference/specs? Steve (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Smoothing on part level using edge lines

When I was implementing smoothing on part level using optional lines, I discovered an artifact in the smoothing algorithm. You can see what I mean by looking at the 'Space Radar Dish' 3960.dat using LDView 1.95 or later with primitive substitution (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Generating binaries of updated MPD tools

Don Heyse wrote: > I was kinda hoping you'd do (...) :-) Be prepared to act as guinea-pig, once I get a cross compiler to work. ;-) Play well, Jacob (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***

Looks stable. Perhaps you can use the smooth pattern suggestion to draw a pattern in the back buffer and use glCopyTexImage2D( ) to make a texture of it. Then replace the geometric pattern with a texture. This might speed things up considerably and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***

(...) I forgot to mention. I didn't miss your suggestion of redrawing polygon outlines smoothed for patterned polygons; I just haven't implemented it yet. It is on my to-do list: (URL) even on the top list, which is items I actually plan to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD File Specs

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes: ... (...) Thanks, Don! (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD File Specs

(...) Heh, this should be it, but it isn't. (URL) a short version of the specs here. (URL) it leaves out the 0 NOFILE bit mentioned here. (URL) think if you search for NOFILE on lugnet you'll find the discussion on scope inside an MPD file, which (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  MPD File Specs

Could anybody point me to the file specs for mpd files? I know I've seen them, but now that I need them, I just can't find them. (Yes, I have looked (at least ten minutes) for the MPD specs in both lugnet and ldraw.org without finding it). TIA, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: *** LDView Version 1.9.6 Released ***

FUT lugnet.cad.dev (...) This is by design, as the smoothing it performed at the part level. You can force other parts to be smoothed by adding the following line to the part dat file (near the beginning, preferably before any actual geometry): 0 (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.1 released *

FUT lugnet.cad.dev. (...) I haven't personally looked at it, but the thing to remember when writing C++ that is going to be accessed from another language is that you usually have to write C functions, and declare them as being WINAPI. You also have (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Generating binaries of updated MPD tools

(...) Beats me. I'm still using the old 2.95 compiler for windows. I might be motivated to switch when they get the java compiler working with the mingw toolchain. I was kinda hoping you'd do the all the legwork on the cross compiler after I pointed (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Generating binaries of updated MPD tools

(...) Thanks. I suppose I should try to build a cross-compiler, so I can compile for Win32 and MacOS as well as for Linux and Tru64. The MinGW documentation you pointed to seemed to be based on GCC 2.95, which is too bug-ridden to use for compiling (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.1 released *

Hello! New version is out now. Get it at (URL) ! + = New feature * = Bugfix - = Removed feature v1.1 2002/08/03 * Fixed shortcuts for Cut, Copy, Paste + Redid the search options / added 'search' menu + Added 'Find next' (F3) option + Undo now (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: When Did Tiles Get Their Groove?

(...) Yes. I thought about changing all the other tiles to match this one. :) (Most of the patterned tiles don't include the "with groove" notation, because they only exist in one form. And we can usually use those characters for better descriptions (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have some ideas / suggestions for all programmers

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> wrote in message news:H06tvn.HEA@lugnet.com... (...) similar (...) might (...) a (...) program (...) runtime (...) Being a VB programmer myself who doesn't have the time or the inclination to learn another (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: I have some ideas / suggestions for all programmers

I understand where you're coming from, but I personally feel that the registry does have its place, if used properly. Mind you, most programs don't use it properly in my opinion. LDView uses the registry to remember your settings, and to remember (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: When Did Tiles Get Their Groove?

(...) Isn't the style for the other grooved tiles "with Groove", not "Grooved"? I think it would make more sense to call the other one "Tile 2 x 2 with Black Circle Pattern without Groove", since a) the grooveless tiles are more "exotic" and b) as a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: When Did Tiles Get Their Groove?

(...) Due to this information, I have deleted the unofficial, "~Moved to 3068bp17" version of 3068p17.dat from Parts Tracker. And I changed the title of 3068bp17.dat to "Tile 2 x 2 Grooved with Black Circle Pattern". Steve (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact