 CAD / Development / 7482 (-40)
  Re: File header questions/requests

(...) Yes, these files should go through some approval process. I don't know about Chris, but I definitely can and do make mistakes. This is especially true when parts are renumbered - that new part number needs to be verified, if at all possible. I (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  File header questions/requests

I have 1 comment and 1 PT request: 1.) Do we really need to submit files where the only change is the addition of keywords, a moved to statement, a file name change, etc...? I feel these things can be changed behind the scenes and do not have to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Spheroid Generator now on the web

"Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message news:GzDJ3z.497@lugnet.com... (...) Geometrically speaking, what exactly is a tent? I generated an example so I have a sense of a tent being a kind of concave cone, as opposed to be sphere being a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Color Problems

(...) Hmm. Looking at the native color values (ie, without using LdLite's 0 COLOR statement to change RGB values), I think 320/260 are closer to the actual color than 356. (...) It was discussed awhile ago, I believe. Steve (22 years ago, 18-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: parts keywords

I'll also be posting these revised files to ".cad.dat.parts" shortly... (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Color Problems

(...) I used color code 356 for it, for the MiniBot "SW Security Droid" pattern files (head; torso) on the Tracker... (I wasn't aware of any updates to the FAQ re: color codes for the new colors...) Thanks, Franklin (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD compilers that support the LDR extension

(...) Thanks for reminding me of the problem. The MPD Builder has been updated, so it handles both ".ldr" and ".dat" as LDraw file name extensions with ".ldr" as the default extension. You can download the source code og binaries for Linux/x86 from: (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Color Problems

(...) I've been wrestling with this one recently. I actually intended to update the color reference on ldraw.org, changing 323 to 320, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Colors 260 and 320 should be nearly identical, they both dither red with black. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: File headers and the PT

(...) No, these do not deserve a hold. In fact Steve and I quite often make cosmetic changes to the file headers before release - often as soon as we see them. Please be sure to point out the error in the your comments though. Chris (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Spheroid Generator now on the web

Spheroid Generator is now a web page. With just a web browser you can get instructions showing where to put plates to make a sphere, cone, or tent in any size, using plates. Kind of like Mosaic Maker. I'll be working on this more, so that it can (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Color Problems

I think color 320 is pretty much spot on, but I'm open to other ideas. -Orion (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Color Problems

I'm having some problems when Dk Red (color 323). When I render an L3P generated POV of a Dk Red piece I get this: (URL) is definately not Dk Red, it's more of a tannish grey. When I render a piece with color 260 I get this: (URL) is much closer to (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Technic Flex pieces

(...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  File headers and the PT

Do minor errors on a DAT file's header (i.e misspellings, author credit formatted wrong, title correct but formatted wrong, small syntax error) warrent a hold on the part or can we just certify it (if the part is good enough for certification) and (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: parts keywords

(...) Okely-dokely, neighbor! Should be in your (e)mailbox by now... Franklin (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: parts keywords

(...) I'm guessing Cary meant 3794. Steve (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: parts keywords

(...) I couldn't find this part... :-/ Franklin (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD compliers that support the LDR extension

(...) Did you try MPD Workshop? I only gave it a quick try-out, but it seems to handle everything ok. Except that it doesn't pick up unofficial files in the local directory, if they are also in the parts directory. Steve (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Technic Flex pieces

(...) It seems like I remember seeing one or more files for the flex parts, but I don't remember for sure now. Ah ha! Searching lugnet.cad.dat for "flex", turns up this post: (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  MPD compliers that support the LDR extension

Are ther any MPD compliers that support the LDR extension? The two on LDraw.org (M-Peedy and MPD Builder) only support the DAT extension. As such, I either have to inline all my subparts (which is sometimes not desirable) or convert all the files to (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

(...) the result of discussions and suggestions made by members of the ldraw community? If they are the result of community discussions, then I don't think they should be licensed by an individual developer. However, I do think it is ok for Michael (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Spheroid Generator (Perl) makes DAT

Exactly. Darnit, I copied the file to "spheroid.txt" but the html saying that is on my local machine only! Both extensions are really there. Try getting spheroid.txt. Maybe I'll just write a regular CGI for it! (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: parts keywords

(...) Great! Go for it. :) BTW, I'm not ready (and I think as a community, ldraw.org isn't really ready) for wholesale updating of the part library to include keywords. But these files were specifically requested. And I do support the idea of adding (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Technic Flex pieces

Hi all, Is anyone working (or already worked) on the flex pieces, peeron #6642,6643? Thanks ROSCO (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:GzA4I5.JLq@lugnet.com... (...) it (...) download (...) It's possible the server is trying to run the Perl script instead of letting you download it. Erik would have to change the extension, (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Spheroid Generator (Perl) makes DAT

(...) Pictures are great, but I get "Internal server error" when I try to download spheroid.pl 8?( ROSCO (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Spheroid Generator (Perl) makes DAT

And now that I've used the output to build a paraboloid roof. Pictures of it all on my web site: (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Instructions for 4x4x10 sphere section using plates

Sample ASCII instructions for 4x4x10 sphere section using plates (must be viewed in a fixed width font!!!) # "O" marks the stud of a plate you add in this step # "*" marks a stud from the previous step, for guidance # "." is nothing Note: steps 1-4 (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Spheroid Generator (Perl) makes DAT

#!perl5 # Spheroid.pl # This program generates 1/4 of a dome or other shape # Written by Erik Olson # You will need to edit this sample code to get what you want: $s = SpheroidSection::Sample(1); # Add your desired shapes to the Sample() function or (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Spheroid Generator (Perl) makes DAT

Hi all, I've got a Perl program to generate spheres and other shapes in LDRAW format, or as crude ASCII instruction steps. I wrote this to assist in creating my 16x16 dome out of plates. The program is free. You will need to have beginner Perl (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

[ XFUT lugnet.cad.dev ] (...) Hmmm... I think I would advise all authors of LEGO CAD tools not to read the documentation for the MLCAD extensions to the LDraw syntax. If anybody happen to feel an urge to implement some MLCAD compatible extensions to (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: parts keywords

(...) You mean sending you new versions of the above parts, with keywords added? Sure, I'll do it. Franklin (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LD4DModeler 1.0 Beta 2 Available, finally :)

I've finally manage to finish and upload beta 2. Main changes are: Rewritten joint manager Improved player Improved Control manager Rewritten 3DPreview (faster with less memory, what would one want more :) Improved 3DPreview properties Improved (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: parts keywords

Can I get a volunteer who'd be willing to make the specific changs Cary requested? Steve (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Description of MLCad extensions available now

Let me just say before I get started here that I think Michael has made a terrific contribution to this community with MLCAD. I just think he's a bit confused about the ramifications of his license agreement and I hope we can clear it up. (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  does this pattern exist?

I need your help. :-( I encoded a bunch of LCAD files for various minifig faces, and it may be that I (accidentally) encoded an extra one, for a face pattern that doesn't really exist. (Oops...) It's this file: "Minifig Head with Messy Hair, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Patterned Parts Summary available in the Parts Tracker

(...) Grab the source from the ninja page, and go to it! (URL) start somewhere around the line that says "This page should now be complete", and stop after the last </TABLE> that's in allcaps) BTW, y'all don't have to decide on the pattern codes for (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Patterned Parts Summary available in the Parts Tracker

The following started as a response to Orion, but grew into a general guide for compiling these lists. (...) Actually, the way I've been proceeding is to look at Fibblesnork, Locker99, Minimundo! (!), and Peeron as references. If you[1] have all the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Patterned Parts Summary available in the Parts Tracker

(...) Thanks! I received your work, and it's now posted as: (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Patterned Parts Summary available in the Parts Tracker

(...) Actually, you got it right. Look here (URL) to double-check me. Steve (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact