 CAD / Development / 7475
Re: Color Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:09:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:

I'm having some problems when Dk Red (color 323).

I've been wrestling with this one recently.  I actually intended to
update the color reference on ldraw.org, changing 323 to 320, but I
haven't gotten to it yet.

Colors 260 and 320 should be nearly identical, they both dither red with
black.  The only difference is their edge-colors.  320 will use the
edge-color for red (color 12), 260 will use the edge color for black
(dark gray).

I'm for 320, probably just because it's close to 323.

Also, would anyone be interested in the ldliterc.dat file I've put
together for Partsref?  This file redefines the RGB values for most of
standard colors, and could be easily extended to include all the colors
(the hard part is figuring out the RGB values).

Unfortunately, I don't think any renderer recognizes ldliterc.cfg,
except ldlite, but I'd like to be wrong. :)

Another problem is the current version of LDLite only allows
redefinition of color codes 0-255, so the newer color codes we've
assigned from the dithered range (256-511) can't be redefined as a "pure
color".  Paul's indicated that this is easy to change, so I'm hoping for
a new LDLite binary soon. :)

Steve