 CAD / Development / 7191
Re: bug report: "cert." list on tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 17:21:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Franklin W. Cain writes:
In your estimatation, how many files are waiting for fixed primitives
to be certified?

This is a good hundred-plus files!  (I'm assuming a high degree
of duplication among the "related files".)

In my opinion, *none* of these "related files" should be labelled
as having "uncertified subfiles" (assuming no other subfiles than
these six primitives), because each of these six primitives has
a *good*, working version already released.  Right?

I can see your point, but if we wanted the parts to have "correct"
dependencies, then files specifically requiring the new versions would have
to be treated differently.  This mainly applies to BFC certification, where
a new part requires the new primitive but the old primitive is fine for
other parts on the tracker.

I'd like to see:
  1: Minimize primitive updates.  The current BFC push seems worthy, but I'm
not convinced that we need to fix things like merging triangles in discs
into quads or renaming ring files to the 4-4ring convention.
  2: Get enough reviewers prepared for the updates such that they can be
certified within a day or two and make the point moot.
  3: If an updated primitive gets a hold vote, drop it from the tracker
immediately so that it doesn't gum up the works.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com