 CAD / Development / 7174
bug report: "cert." list on tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 19:38:56 GMT

Steve,

There is a "bug" with the certification list on the tracker.  It is considering
any primitive listed in the tracker to be a "subfile", regardless of whether or
not that primitive already exists in the field (i.e., has already been included
in a previous release).  Thus, any new version of such a primitive will cause
the tracker to say that all files using this primitive "have uncertified
files."

In my opinion, this is flawed logic.  An "uncertified subfile" should be a
*subpart* or a *new* primitive; i.e., a file specific to the "main" file, or
else a primitive that has never before existed.  The current logic structure
leads to an unreasonably high number of files labelled as having "uncertified
subfiles", *especially* considering your project to "BFC" all the primitives.
This, in turn, leads to an unnecessarily high overload on the tracker.  (For
all we know, there could be a hundred of the "288 have uncertified subfiles"
that are actually ready to be released today, since their "uncertified
subfiles" are primitives that already officially released.)

Please consider revising the logical criteria for "uncertified subfile" to
incorporate this exclusion.  If, as I suspect, it turns out we can release even
more files right now (or very soon), this will lead to less overload (i.e., a
more manageable number of files) on the tracker.

Thanks, again.
Franklin