 CAD / Development / 7207
7206  |  7208
Subject:
Reviewing duties (was Re: bug report: "cert." list on tracker)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 00:28:18 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
Mark has made some changes to the *-4disc.dat primitives (see them on the
PT).  Who thinks these changes should be kept, and who thinks they
shouldn't be?  We already know Franklin is against it, Hafhead is unsure,
we can assume Mark is for it, and I'm not taking a stance.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about these changes to comment yet.

Tony Hafner wrote:
  1: Minimize primitive updates.  The current BFC push seems worthy, but
I'm not convinced that we need to fix things like merging triangles in
discs into quads or renaming ring files to the 4-4ring convention.
  2: Get enough reviewers prepared for the updates such that they can be
certified within a day or two and make the point moot.
  3: If an updated primitive gets a hold vote, drop it from the tracker
immediately so that it doesn't gum up the works.

As a new reviewer, I need to know more about this *-4disc.dat change so I
know what to do. But getting to basics, I have several questions:

1. Are reviewers more or less supposed to check out parts posted to
.dat.parts, and are any new unofficial parts automatically submitted to the
PT?
2. What is the current procedure regarding held parts/primitives/subparts?
3. What should I check for when reviewing primitives?

Thanks!
--Ryan

Amateur radio call sign: kb1fob
ryanjf@ifriendly.com