 CAD / Development / 6716
Re: How do we handle stickers in Ldraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:37:14 GMT

"Imre Papp" <ipapp@geometria.hu> writes:

3. Stikers are two dimensional objects, having no height and this
causes problems when placed on flat elements. (bleed-through)

I don't agree with this statement, at least not right now.  Stickers
_do_ have some height, and I think it would be most correct to model
this in LDraw.  This would also fix the bleed-through problems.

A sticker could be modeled as a very thin, flat box, with the upper
surface having the actual image on it.

Sorry for the ignorance if this issue has been discussed before.

Fredrik