 CAD / Development / 6595
Re: ldglite 0.9.4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 18:52:54 GMT

Don Heyse wrote:

Ok I built it and it works.  I guess my notes in makefile.linux
were incoherent.  To build for Mesa versions older than 4.0 you
only need to comment out the OFFSCREEN_LIBS line.  I guess the
Mesa folks broke OSMesa out into a separate library at 4.0 so you
don't need to link with it if you don't support offscreen rendering.

Of course I also discovered a problem in main.c.  It turns out that
it's a bad idea to call glutinit() when you don't have an X server
running.  I fixed it to wait until after parsing the command line
args so I can skip glutinit() for offscreen rendering.  This won't
work on the MAC, but nobody uses that anyways.

Anyhow, you can find the fixed makefile.linux, main.c, and ldglite
executable in my ldglite directory on ldraw.org.

~/> ~dheyse/ldglite/ldglite -mS
/usr/local/share/ldraw/parts/3001.dat
Segmentation fault
~/>

:-(

I updated the instructions at:

   http://www.ldraw.org/download/start/linux/ldglite-update

so both "makefile.linux" and "main.c" are corrected
according to your instructions. I tried that as well. The
program builds fine, but off-screen rendering gives
"segmentation faults".

Jacob
However a large number of electrons were terribly
inconvenienced.