 CAD / Development / 6583
Re: ldglite 0.9.4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 19:35:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Don Heyse wrote:

Hmm, I'm using 4.0, but it used to compile and link with the older
versions.  (I just forgot to set up the projection matrix for the
offscreen stuff so it didn't work yet in ldglite 0.9.2).  At some
point (4.0?) the Mesa folks pulled OSMesa out into its own library.

If off-screen rendering is disabled, everything seems to
work fine.

What version of Mesa is installed on ldraw.org?

I think it is 3.4.

I'll try and login over the weekend and build it there.

Ok I built it and it works.  I guess my notes in makefile.linux
were incoherent.  To build for Mesa versions older than 4.0 you
only need to comment out the OFFSCREEN_LIBS line.  I guess the
Mesa folks broke OSMesa out into a separate library at 4.0 so you
don't need to link with it if you don't support offscreen rendering.

Of course I also discovered a problem in main.c.  It turns out that
it's a bad idea to call glutinit() when you don't have an X server
running.  I fixed it to wait until after parsing the command line
args so I can skip glutinit() for offscreen rendering.  This won't
work on the MAC, but nobody uses that anyways.

Anyhow, you can find the fixed makefile.linux, main.c, and ldglite
executable in my ldglite directory on ldraw.org.

Don