 CAD / Development / 646
Re: Technic Axles - go rounded?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 08:30:04 GMT

blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:

Besides what Karim said, Fredrik (was it you, Fredrik?) reported a
similar problem with a technic piece which was designed to fit closely
with axles, and depended on the rounded edges on the ends.

Yup.  The 2853.DAT Technic Crankshaft can be made more realistically if
the axles are shortened/given a rounded end.  Otherwise the axle end and
the surface of the 2853 becomes coincident, which gives some problems,
obviously.

Of we are to shorten the axles, I think we might as well give them a
rounded end as well.  But this should apply to all axle related parts,
even the 3749.DAT Technic Axle Pin and so on.

Fredrik