 CAD / Development / 628
Re: Technic Axles - go rounded?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:25:24 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote:

Steve wrote:
The axles are shorter than bricks.  Comparing the 2L axle to a 2x
brick, the axle comes up about 1.5 LDU short.  I haven't checked the
other axles, for now I'm guessing they are also 1.5LDU short.

Won't changing the length change the ease of modeling?  Currently, you
can line parts up (such as connectors or bushings) to the end of the axle
because when lined up corectly, they share a common plane.  If you make
the axles shorter, this could become more confusing.

I've actually run into a problem once with the axle being too long.  I was
trying to model a craft that I built, and I ended up fudging the virtual model
by pushing the axle into the motor, because otherwise it popped through the
radar dish on the other side when rendered.  I think making the axles the
Correct length is more important than making them an "easy" length, if that ends
up causing such headaches.

--Karim