 CAD / Development / 6264
Re: GWCAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:36:14 GMT

Andy Lynch wrote:
Woo-hoo!   A Lego Cad Program written in DELPHI!!!! Can't wait to see
it!
Looks good so far!
:-)

Ah, you noticed the default application icon :)

I also have the desktop edition of Kylix so porting it to GNU/Linux at some
point is a very likely option.

At the moment you can pick from six orthographic and eight isometric views,
but only one can be displayed at a time per model that you have open.

Just last night as I went to bed I thought of a few speed optimizations
(which should make multi-selecting parts and redrawing them as they're moved
around very fast) that I can't wait to implement.  I may get that done
tonight.  Multi-selecting parts will be accomplished by control-clicking on
any additional parts the user wants to manipulate.

I'm planning to show the selected parts with 50% transparency (the theory
being that it will be easier to line up parts if you can see through them).

I'll probably have an option to show parts from earlier steps as a more dull
color (50% original color and 50% gray maybe).

-Gary