 CAD / Development / 6257
Re: Another idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 01:43:59 GMT

"Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatico.deletethisspamblock.ca> wrote in message
news:GHGxC8.5yn@lugnet.com...

I would prefer developers of new CAD programs use key interfaces
that make sense, and not ones hamstrung by idiosyncrasies of
pre-existing software.  I'm not saying LEdit's commands are
good or bad (I wouldn't know, I've only used MLCAD).  I'm just
saying that it makes more sense to come up with an improved
system, if possible, rather than carry on with a clunky one
just because some users may already be familiar with it.
Those people will adapt..., and brand new users will be much
happier.

Well, the current LEdit key commands I still use consist of the arrow keys, page
up, page down, home, end, I, and A.  The ones beginning with the / are for
accessing menus (Windows uses ALT to access the menus at the top).  I, for one,
would prefer not to have to adjust to a new key system when the one I know works
just fine.  Nothing against someone developing a different standard, but I
always want the LEdit key commands to be there.

-Tim