 CAD / Development / 6227 (-10)
  LDLite 2.2 Released

I've released LDLite 2.2, available at: (URL) release fixes a problem with weird file names (with spaces or foreign characters). In doing so, it also now allows you add double-quotes around the filename in Type-1 lines, in case you want to use weird (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Substitute Colors for Dithered Colors?

I think much of the use of dithered colors in LDRAW really paid off when the dithering was used to imply a different texture, such as shiny gold, diffuse rubber, or flourescent colors. I'm currently concerned about what happens to the dithered (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDLite 2.1 released

LDLite 2.1 has been released. LDLite is now hosted on sourceforge.net, and can be downloaded from (URL) full source tree is browsable, and you can leave feature requests and bug reports. The 2.1 release has several improvements over the last public (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotate, pitch, yaw, or roll?

Sorry about the delay, I was 'on vacation' for the past couple of days. (...) Yes. Yes it does. (...) Only because I have a tendancy to jump on things - and being a bit on large side don't help either. :) Really though, thanks. (...) Concatenate? (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotate, pitch, yaw, or roll?

Erik, you can test LeoCAD and see how it perform that. I like its way of rotating quite much and find it convenient. Selçuk (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BrickDraw3D 0.2 released

(...) You've also got stud3 and stud4 placements to go by (sometimes). stud3 is the skinny stud used under 1x bricks and plates. stud4 is the tube. (...) I don't remember anything about that. ;) Did he mention the minifig legs to bicycle connection? (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BrickDraw3D 0.2 released

(...) Tough question. No, not fully able to detect that. What the program does know is the brick rests on top of another bounding box. For bricks, that's usually a connection. Bounding boxes ignore studs, actually any DAT file named stud*.dat is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BrickDraw3D 0.2 released

(...) The clicking isn't a bad idea. It wouldn't be hard to provide an option to turn it off. The real problem is knowing *when* to make the sound. Erik's done some cool stuff (last time I saw a demo of BrickDraw3D[1]), but I don't know if he's able (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: (Updated) Minifig Arm Calibrations

(...) Looking at part 979.DAT, Minifig (Complete Figure Shortcut), it appears the hands are turned at a 45-degree angle. Steve Christopher! have you backed up your data? (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Substitute Colors for Dithered Colors?

Wow, Lars, that was a lot of code to support r = (r1+r2)/2. The obvious hypothesis would say that the eye performs spatial integration on the pixels, so therefore values are averaged. I guess I can try it on my eyes with L3Lab then. I looked in (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact