 CAD / Development / 592
Re: Technic Axles - go rounded?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:09:56 GMT

blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:

I'm working on the notched version of the Technic 2L cross-axle, and
besides the notches and making the axle slightly shorter[1], I'm also
working on rounded ends.  But I'm not sure I'm keen on the results; the
ends might not come out clearly during rendering.

I like it.  Are you suggesting we add two new axle primitives?  The axle
end and an axle segment without the end edges?  This will surely make
the process of reworking all the old axle-related parts easier.

Introducing this much details will make the parts render much slower,
and will make them a pain to use in LEdit, I'm sure.  So if these new
axles get introduced, we may need some kind of system to replace them
with ordinary axles in LEdit, much like the system which replaces the
studs with lines.

Fredrik