 CAD / Development / 5652 (-10)
  Re: License - again

(...) I agree. But it is a sunk cost. Do you still buy vinyl because you have a record player - or did you move to CD as it was better? (dear reader : please go to .debate to discuss vinyl v CD ) Disregarding sunk costs is a basic law of economics. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: License - again

(...) That's information you have and we didn't... so I defer, gladly. However I do want to repeat this: (...) Well, I know what *I* prefer anyway. Open source is better than closed source, LDraw format, warts and all, is at least publicly (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: License - again

(...) When TLG offered me a job, my first task would be to work in that project so I know what this is all about. I signed an NDA when I was in Billund and I can't talk about it but I think I can say that unless they changed their plans, they won't (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: License - again

(...) I thought we were close to having the right mods in a previous draft. (...) In view of the implications contained in *this*: (URL) w.r.t. designing your own custom sets for TLC to manufacture for you... I think it is *extremely* important to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: does anyone have a way to do rubber bands and belts?

Thanks for the info. I am accually ldrawing the 8480 space shuttle and that has some rubber belts in it. (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDLite status (was Re: LDLite center offset problem?)

(...) I use the ldglite as my default viewer, and as we all know it's just a thin port of the ldlite 1.6 source. I know I'm looking forward to some of these new goodies and I think there might be one or two other linux/BSD/*nix users out there who (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: does anyone have a way to do rubber bands and belts?

You can use Ldraw-mode to model any curved parts. If you use it to model the technic flexible hose (not the ribbed kind), then the "inner" cylinder used for the subpart is the correct diameter for the belts. I just created a belt to go between two (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: License - again

(...) I still couldn't understand what do you call "contributor's license". The way I understand it is that when someone submits a part to the voting process, they are allowing it to be redistributed under the "redistribution license". I don't see (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: License - again

The only problem is, this license is no use without an Authors/Contributors license to go with it. And I think this is one is *too* brief. Steve (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDLite status (was Re: LDLite center offset problem?)

I use it in conjunction with LDAO, and stand-alone sometimes. What I'd most like to see is an option to automatically scale and center the model. And, like Steve (I think) said, to crop saved images to the model boundaries to save space. Thanks, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact