 CAD / Development / 4814
4813  |  4815
Subject:
question on naming - pirate guns vs. modern guns
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 23:56:52 GMT

OK, I've done DAT files for three of the four firearms
that LegoCo produces for Lego minifigs (the pirate pistol,
the pirate musket, and the wild west revolver),
and I still have questions on how we should name
these weapons.

Both the wild west guns and the pirate guns
can be considered "firearms" as well as "guns",
so using either word is *not* sufficiently distinctive.

The possibility I've considered is that the pirate weapons,
being black powder weapons, are "archaic",
while the wild west weapons, being commercially available
and quite popular in "real life" gunstores and gun shows today,
could be considered "modern".

This would give us the following:

"Minifig Gun Archaic Musket"  - (for the Pirate Musket)
"Minifig Gun Archaic Pistol"  - (for the Pirate Musket Pistol)
"Minifig Gun Modern Revolver" - (for the Wild West Revolver)
"Minifig Gun Modern Rifle"    - (for the Wild West Rifle)

Now, I know that I've already tentatively named
the three DAT files that I've already encoded,
but I wanted to try to get a better naming scheme
if possible, and reach a broader concensus.

Comments?
Feedback?
(Flames? ;-)

Thanks,
Franklin

Franklin W. Cain | fwcain@yahoo.com
                 | http://fcain.tripod.com/lego/
USE OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL PURPOSES
IS _STRICTLY_ PROHIBITED... MAKE MY (LAWYER'S) DAY, PUNK!