 CAD / Development / 4797 (-20)
  New Parts Category: Cockpit

This is for everyone who considers themselves to be an L-CAD'er. Two of the parts submitted for the next parts update are particularly hard to categorize. These are the large cockpit base from the Rock Raiders, and the windscreen base from Aquazone. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Whats the color # for "silver"

(...) Maybe, but LDraw renderers typically aren't sophisticated enough to render a chromed surface, so the only possible differences are in the color. If you take away the shiny/reflective nature of the chromed parts, I think the color would be very (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [somewhat of Topic] Connecting an Arm to a Gear

I would like to ask you guys, for your setup for connecting an arm (or whatever is similar to a robot arm) into a 24 tooth Gear. I'm searching especially for the smaller/sturdiest setup. Just have to take into account that the Gear is attached to an (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Whats the color # for "silver"

(...) Right now (IIRC), L2P and L3P convert both 503 and 383 to chrome silver. I've used both color codes in my DAT files... (...) But since the colors look the same in LDraw/LEdit, this might cause some confusion. (...) I haven't seen the new (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Whats the color # for "silver"

(...) Good question. This should have a different color code than the chrome silver (which is 383). 503 looks the same as 383, because it's dithered from the same colors (white and light gray). But with a different color code, it would be easy for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Whats the color # for "silver"

(...) Do you mean the LDraw colour? I think you'll find that answer to that in the LDraw FAQ. (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Whats the color # for "silver"

As found on the hubs for the yellow race car and also on the new silver race car. (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Is anyone using my ldraw circle creator?

Is anyone using my ldraw circle creator for anything? Is the any point doing more work on it? (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The parts tracker

(...) Tore Eriksson has set up a temporary parts tracker, linked to from www.ldraw.org. We are considering having one written for ldraw.org and hosted there, so it is being taken care of. If you'd like to help us out, email Jacob Sparre Andersen at (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: The parts tracker

I am very much interested in a parts and set tracker being set up again. I did a serch for free web space with CGI at the search engine Google. (URL) thing you can find some good resources in this list. -Chuck (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: eliminating polygons?  [DAT]

[moved to lugnet.cad.dev] (...) There's no such utility for DAT. I know of a few utilities/test programs that are close to this ability, but that's not what they were written for. I don't know about DXF. For POV, you can't drop hidden polygons, (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Question about "minifig tool oilcan"

Is it official yet? Has it even been submitted for voting and if not why not? (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Unofficial Athlete Torsos.

LCadiers, I have completed my second original designer torso. From that unit (made for my 'evil' space group), I have made variations to it so that may be used for race car drivers and soccer (football) players. Before these units can be posted, I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Partial list of parts for 2000-02 Update

Here is the current list of partfiles which are ready for the voting process. Notice that's the *partfiles* which are ready, not the voting page. This list also includes fixes; not all of the files in the list will need to be voted upon. There are a (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Request for Part Name Suggestions

Marc Klein has made *many* wonderful contributions for the 2000-02 parts update. Among other files, there are several "throwbot pieces". I'm having a hard time coming up with decent part-names that a) Don't use either "throwbot" or "slizer" b) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Part-Submission Requests/Guidelines/Tips

While processing files, in preparation for the 2000-02 update cycle, I've been running into a few things that have bogged down the process. In an effort to increase the speed of these things, I wanted to post a few pointers for parts- authors. BTW, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Kidvention: Part (6085) Needed!

[response trimmed to lugnet.cad.dev -- is there anyone who reads one group under lugnet.cad.*, but not other groups?] (...) I'd guess it's orientation was chosen to place it in 'studs up' mode. (...) I'd start over, or check the code you're reusing (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Kidvention: Part (6085) Needed!

(...) Bram, If its enough out of position to make a big difference, I'd start from scratch. Even though 6084 is an official release, if is off, it should be ammended in future releases. I believe I've noticed errors in that part when I designed with (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Kidvention: Part (6085) Needed!

You could always correct part 6084 :) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Kidvention: Part (6085) Needed!

While examining part 6084 Windscreen Top (Aquanaut Sub) to see what portions I might be able to reuse in creating part 6084, I noticed quite a few errors in the part. There are many extra type 2 lines, and even a misplaced quadrilateral. The whole (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact