 CAD / Development / 4412 (-20)
  Where is Part 4589.dat Cone 1 x 1?

Hi, Playing with Ldraw yesterday I couldn't find the part 4589.dat Cone 1 x 1 in my Parts directory. I thought my Parts dirtectory were corrupted and reinstalled everything from James' ldraw.exe and all updates (lp97-13 ... -17, 10 updates in '98 (...) (25 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Subparts for Black Falcon and Wolfpack Patterns ?

(...) Let me rephrase that... I just make the design from the shields 50% smaller. (25 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Subparts for Black Falcon and Wolfpack Patterns ?

(...) I would prefer that you do that, because you can get the sizes right. I just used 0.5x for the scaling on the shields. (25 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Subparts for Black Falcon and Wolfpack Patterns ?

(...) weekend), (...) could (...) I am proposing an alternative way of handling the castle logos which are common to the shields, torsos and flags. I have put the logos into subparts. It also seems to make sense to synchronise the Pxx number across (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Subparts for Black Falcon and Wolfpack Patterns ?

(...) That sounds like a reasonably good idea. :) Steve -- Reduce, reuse, recycle ... bits (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 71184 Bar 4.5L Straight is too short

(...) I hope the added length doesn't mess up any models... (but I suppose the short version made some of my models look weird on other people's machines :) (...) I'm flattered. Maybe I should attempt a complete part sometime. --Bram Bram Lambrecht (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Subparts for Black Falcon and Wolfpack Patterns ?

When I fix the bowties in the Black Falcon and Wolfpack shields (this weekend), would it be more sensible to make each pattern a subpart (or two), which could be shared between shields, torsos and flags, scaled appropriately? If I had done this to (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC checking program (was Re: Some Words To BFC)

(...) Umm, it's a little more than that, but facing the faces is a very important part. Basically, I meant: 1. All polygons wound correctly 2. All subfile references clean Good point about primitives not being solid. I don't think a renderer (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC: LITS 2

(...) Yes, it did. But I'm pretty sure that all important topics have been addressed (or re-addressed) since that thread started. (...) Yes, and today it will change to version 10. But version 4 was a big rewrite, where the language changed from (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC: LITS 2

(...) Actually, the problem is that their determinant is 0, neither positive nor negative. So the renderer would have to disable BFC processing for any file with this kind of reference. Another problem (that L3P handles in most cases) is that (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC: LITS 2

(...) Oh, good. :) I wasn't sure before, but after posting a follow-up to John today, I figured it out. Now, about those transparent parts with decorations... Steve (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC: LITS 2

(...) I think we're using different meanings here. By 'local clipping', I mean the clip-setting in a subfile disappears when that subfile is finished. It is not carried back up to the superfile, and it is not reinstated if the same subfile is used (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC: LITS 2

(...) Unless we have a solution to the invert case, the document's assertion is correct. (...) I think you are correct that NOWIND/UNKNOWN is not important/needed. For now, let's proceed assuming that decorations will be handled by using NOCLIP or (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC: LITS 2

(...) I've kept thinking about it, and I don't see a solution. There are some algorithms that can figure out the normal/inverted question in some cases, but these algorithms would be too slow to implement in a rendering program. And they are not (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 71184 Bar 4.5L Straight is too short

(...) I don't have the fix, but I did locate it on lugnet.cad.dat.parts. Normally, I'd require you to e-mail me the fix before I'd put it in an official release, but since you're a good modeler, I'll let it go this once. Just don't tell anyone. ;) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

(...) OK, here's a counter-proposal: don't require all parts/primitives to be BFC'able, and allow both BFC-ready and BFC-not-ready files in the same rendering. This reintroduces the concept of having a single meta-statement at the start of each (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Performance Improvement  [DAT]

(...) As I said before, in this case it's more correct to use 3-4disc primitive, to avoid the T type juntions. (...) Yes, cracks may appear ! Same problem like in a T type junction But has someone said, nothing like real/concrete testing, so here (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Performance Improvement

Steve: (...) I can't see how Rui's suggested change gives any problems at all and I don't mind a few percent speed increase. (...) And? Does the "diameter line" not cross the radius? If there is a significant risk of a misalignment, then we (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Some Words To BFC

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Leonardo Zide wrote: [...SNIP...] (...) Actually I think you missunderstood something (or maybe I did), but the 0 INVERSE meta command is to be used ONLY with file references, that is: 0 INVERSE 1 16 x y z a b c d e f g h i (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC checking program (was Re: Some Words To BFC)

I seem to be missing a required .dll file: MFC42D.DLL. Can you send this, or can I find it somewhere else? -John Van (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact