 CAD / Development / 3896
Re: Argh! Need Help with POV-Ray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:43:04 GMT

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:37:36 GMT, "Coby Bassett" <coby@exo.com> wrote:

  It doesn't really matter where you put them, but like I said before POV-Ray
has to be told where they are. Check out the file "povray.ini" (you can get
there from the Tools menu; select "Edit master POVRAY.INI") and down at the
bottom it will list the paths of places where POV-Ray should look for files. I
have my LGEO files in a directory called "LGEO" under another directory
called "Graphics" on my C: drive, so my paths look like this in povray.ini:

  Library_Path=C:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.1\INCLUDE
  Library_Path=C:\Graphics\LGEO

Well, I tried what you suggested and well, I get an error with the
very first inc file it tries to load (in this case it's lg_2348.inc)
Anyway, it says "numeric expression expected but undeclared identifier
'LG_WALL_WIDTH' found instead."  Okay, great, that means absolutely
nothing to me other than it found something instead.  So, uh, I have
this feeling that it wants to see another file some where in the grand
scheme of things.

When I create the pov file, I type in l2p van.dat van.pov  Is this all
I need to do or is there some other secret hidden step?  Thanks for
you help!

Kya